Email Rick Click Here
State Youth Director
One of the oldest and most productive programs that The Bass Federation has ever had is the TBF Junior Angler Program.
In this program young anglers from 11-15 are members of an active junior fishing clubs that are sponsored by TBF adult Bass Clubs. If you are interested in starting your own club, you only need 6 members to do so. Contact the State Youth Director, for more information.
These junior anglers fish in club and state tournaments and participate in fundraising and conservation projects just like the adults do.
The competitive branch of this program allows the anglers to qualify for their states Junior State Championship and eventually qualify for the National Guard Junior World Championship.
The Jr Program operates in Kentucky on the same format at the Adults divisions. There are 4 Regional Qualifying events. The Top 2 Youth Members at each Regional event will Qualify for the State Championship Tournament.
2017 High School SAF Program
All High School Bass Teams:
In 2017, the Kentucky Bass Federation will be hosting 4 Open Tournaments and State Championship for high school fishing teams.
The guidelines to participate are very simple:
1. All those that participate must be SAF (Student Angler Federation) members in good standing. That means both anglers in the boat MUST be members.
2. Must be in the 8th grade to Senior in high school. Graduating seniors that have not enrolled in college and taking college courses are eligible to fish.
3. Since you have already paid SAF dues for high school, there is no other membership that has to be purchased. The Team and Boat Captain just shows up, registers and goes fishing.
4. There will be a $10.00 per angler entry fee. 2 anglers for a total of $20.00.
5. There will be 2 plaques for first place and 2 plaques for second and any money left over will be applied to State Championship.
6. In order to qualify for the State Championship, your team would have to win one of the qualifiers or fish in any two qualifier tournaments.
7. Guidelines for participants and membership are under SAF guidelines.
8. Tournament rules and guidelines will be the same as the Kentucky Bass Federation youth program.
9. Tournament rules will be handed out the morning of the tournament or a short meeting will be held before take off.
“The Reel Kids Program” is in many cases the first opportunity that many kids have to be introduced to the great sport of fishing. At events like sport and outdoor shows across the country and in many schools these programs are giving kids the chance to experience what it is really like to handle a fishing rod and reel. They test their skills in the art of Casting, Flipping, and Pitching a plastic jig to a very colorful target.
This program is organized and operated at the state level only. By a vote of the Federation Presidents each state decides at what level they wish to advance the program. Many states advance kids from individual events to a State Championship while others choose only to run the event at the local level and put more emphasis on just getting as many kids as possible involved!
Regardless of what level each state chooses, this program consistently achieves its goal of exposing kids from 8 to 15 years of age to the great sport of fishing!!
If you’re interested in bringing one of these events to your area please contact the Kentucky Bass Federation President or Youth Director.
This program utilizes a high action DVD with some outstanding underwater footage to get students excited about fishing. Educators like this program because it highlights how the basic elements of education, math, science and language arts, are used by anglers out on the water every day. We also show some of the ever increasing career opportunities being created through the sport of fishing.
The great thing about this portion of the program is that it is absolutely free to any school or youth group that wants to participate.
Our end result is that we want to encourage students to form a school fishing club so they can experience this sport first hand.
For more information, visit HighSchoolFishing.org
For further explanation of the High School SAF program. High School kids joining the SAF program need to understand as lots of kids are misunderstanding the concept of the program. When becoming a SAF member, you are paying a $25.00 Program Fee. This fee covers the cost of the entire program that TBF has developed. Insurance requirements indicate that a SAF member needs to hold a membership card. Therefore, Free of Charge, TBF is presenting each SAF member with a FREE membership for TBF & FLW. This Program Fee is then used to fund all the High School State Championships and the High School World Finals. When a High Schooler decides that He/She wishes to join a regular Club in their State Federation, at this time they are then required to pay for the required State, National, & FLW Memberships.
It just takes 6 members of your college student body to form a club and fish at the collegiate level! There are hundreds of clubs across the country already. Contact us to see if you can join one, or start one! Visit the ACA tournament series site.
For any information regarding youth activities within your state, please contact your state’s youth director – listed at the top of this page.